- 03-Oct-2016 to 15-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Harrodsburg, KY, USA
- Part Time
Part-time 25-30 hours
The Housekeeper cleans and maintains hotel property according Shaker Village standards and specifications while observing safe working practices. Will work a rotating schedule 7 days per week, part-time 30-35 hours per week, seasonal. Normally works a 5 day work week.
Specific Duties and Essential Duties:
- Strips rooms and bags soiled linens/terry/trash for facilities and radio to pick up or takes to warehouse area .
- Makes beds and couches as per Shaker Village
- Cleans all guest rooms assigned.
- Stocks guest rooms.
- Inspects all rooms in assigned building each day, even if they have been unoccupied.
- Maintains and organizes stocks supplies in housekeeping closets, cabinets and warehouse area.
- Launders bedspreads, blankets, curtains, etc. per scheduled and/or as needed.
- Checks for proper operation of TV, clock radio, lamps, windows, locks, drains, plumbing, telephone, etc. and reports issues to Front Desk for Maintenance to repair.
- Cleans hallways, stairs and other common areas as assigned.
- Assists in laundry/warehouse and other housekeepers as requested.
- Makes up air mattresses and "pack and plays" as needed.
- Checks and cleans all window sills in rooms and public areas for dust, cobwebs, debris and insects daily.
- Inspects room on completion of cleaning, seeing that all items are in good working order, bedspreads straight, lampshades straight, all guest amenities are in place and up to Shaker Village standards.
- Sweeps and vacuum all hardwood and rugs in guest rooms and public areas.
- Reports inventory shortages to Housekeeping Manager and Lodging Manager.
- Calls for trash pick-up and or empties trash at the end of the day into the exterior trash dumpster.
- Cleans outside and inside trash containers and recycling bins.
- Carries out deep cleaning activities as assigned.
- Cleans and stock coffee machine. Cleans microwave/refrigerator, etc. in all areas.
- Turns in all lost and found items, tags and stores as directed by Lodging Manager.
- Practices safe work habits and uses protective equipment where appropriate.
Standards of Performance
- Reports to work on time as scheduled. Well groomed with name badge and appropriate attire or proper uniform as defined by Shaker Village policy.
- Practice good customer service behaviors i.e. listening, initiative, responsiveness, cheerfulness, accommodation, courtesy, honesty and professionalism.
- Demonstrates positive team spirit by providing assistance to other team members as necessary to achieve require standards of productivity and guest care.
- Makes decisions in the best interest of the property and in compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Knows and follows key control and security procedures.
- Understands and uses applicable standard operating procedures.
- Knows the hours of operations of the hotel facilities and is aware of amenities.
- Controls costs by properly using departmental supplies, water and electricity efficiently.
- Maintains labor efficiency as directed by Housekeeping Manager and Lodging Manager.
- Knows all emergency procedures (fire, serve weather, bomb threats, guest accident/illness, etc.).
- Reports all guest complaints to direct supervisor immediately.
- Reports items/areas needing maintenance per Shaker Village
- Reports any unlawful or suspicious activities to direct supervisor immediately.
- Attends and participates in staff, safety and training meetings and classes.
- Abides by all rules and regulations of Shaker Village.
- Promotes Shaker Village and its amenities in a positive manner.
- Keeps Shaker Village business confidential (on and off duty).
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of reports.
- Knows how to use equipment and is able to assist in the use of equipment for persons with disabilities.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- This position requires the employee to stoop, bend, crouch, crawl, kneel, stand, walk long distances and stretch.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Requires hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires the mobility to climb stairs and frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasional exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Noise level is usually quiet.
- Inside/Outside work fluctuating temperatures.
- This position requires working a revolving schedule of different days that include weekends, Holidays and possibly evenings.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of general cleaning procedures preferred.
- Prior housekeeping experience a plus.
- Basic Math skills: addition, subtraction and multiplication.
- Language skills: ability to communicate in basic English as follows:
- Understand basis verbal instructions
- Read basic words, symbols and numbers
- Communicate with supervisor, guests and co-workers
- Write basic English to identify maintenance issues and complete room report
- Normal cleaning tools (i.e.: broom, mop, vacuum, etc)
- Various cleaning products.
- Share this Page