- 03-Nov-2016 to 30-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Group Sales
- Harrodsburg, KY, USA
- Full Time
Full-time with benefits (Insurance, 401k, vacation, PTO)
The Destination Group Sales Manager (DGSM) develops and executes innovative sales strategies to grow group business including weddings, meetings, conferences, group tours, reunions, retreats, receptions and events, with a seamless turnover from sales to event services and back to sales where appropriate. Along with the Director of Event Services (DES) and Director of Catering (DC), the DGSM will collaboratively lead an event team which will sell, plan and execute more than 350 group functions held annually throughout Shaker Village's 3,000-acre campus.
The DGSM works collaboratively to foster a positive service-based sales culture built on excellent customer service, consistent best-practice standards and processes, and strong relationships and communication. The position coordinates group sales initiatives across multiple departments, including event services, catering, dining services, Inn, programming, marketing, housekeeping and maintenance staff.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, creative individual with a strong background in hospitality and/or experiential sales, customer service and communications. The Manager must be able to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, be detail-oriented, have strong time management skills and be comfortable working confidently in a constantly changing environment.
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Sales
Supervises: Destination Sales Specialist
- Lead the development of the annual sales plan, sales strategies, new product offerings & annual forecasting in order to ensure attainment of sales goals and maximum profit margin.
- Generate new business and maximize revenue while developing and maintaining long term relationships with clients
- Recommend improvements to sales program and processes based on market changes, competition and supporting strategic plans
- Monitor sales and continually develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
- Customize, sell and facilitate group experiences that build brand awareness and generate revenue while delivering engaging guest experiences
- Respond to incoming requests from event planners and other clients for information regarding adult groups, meetings, social affairs, student groups, weddings and other group functions
- Coordinate and host potential clients during onsite property visits
- Negotiate the sale and payment terms of group function overnight rooms, meeting rooms, catering and dining services, as well as all other hospitality and programmatic services Shaker Village offers with an overall goal of increasing hotel occupancy levels and profit in all revenue centers
- Oversee the transition of clients from sales to event services and back to sales as necessary
- Accurately process and communicate reservations for repeat and new group overnight room blocks, group dining reservations and other functions using a moderately complex computer system
- Maintain a database of contacts relating to past and future clients for ongoing relationship cultivation
- Actively seek outside sales opportunities to grow new business by representing Shaker Village at hospitality and trade shows, select conventions and conferences, and other identified avenues
- Effectively manage client and staff expectations, including the ability to respond with patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse difficult and collect accurate information
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Marketing and Sales and/or members of management
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Successful track record in problem solving and negotiation skills, with special emphasis on new client development and closing the sale
- Ascertain and fulfill clients' needs by being creative and an effective salesperson
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with focused attention to detail
- Strong time management, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced, "can do" environment with the ability to see a project or sale through from beginning to end
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to implement fresh approaches or new processes/methods to solve problems
- Leads by example and demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Work as a team player and maintains good employee relations within all levels of the organization
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients and local community
- Form strong and positive relationships with multiple department heads in order to orchestrate and present unequaled guest experiences, public and private
- Willingness to learn, study and become knowledgeable about all Shaker Village activities, special events, amenities and guest experiences, requiring constant research and collaboration with the marketing team and other staff as needed
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Ability to maintain concentration with constant time pressures while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain visual attention for considerable lengths of time.
- Ability to sit and stand for considerable lengths of time at times in confined spaces and close proximity to other employees.
- Ability to operate computers and general office equipment. Performs on-hand duties such as: effective phone sales, data entry and generating reports.
- Helps to setup for events and other functions as needed.
Working Environment and Conditions
- Requires high energy level, is actively engaged and is up-to-date on all events.
- Requires working non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Works outside with exposure to all weather conditions as needed.
Education, Experience and Training
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Sales, Hospitality Management or related field of study
- Minimum of three years sales, hospitality or related experience
- Fluent in food and beverage service, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Diverse experiences in sales, management and administration
- Understanding of revenue generation and profit/loss implications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Hotel Pro or Sales Pro (preferred), Resort Data Processing (preferred) or other event management soft wares.
Equipment and Tools
- Computer and peripherals
- Ability to use and teach various sales and marketing research tools
- Share this Page